Shield Yield Shield Yield

Nice game, but there's one thing that could really spice it up:
The shield-hit tone having more variety, rather than just being the same sound and tone each time.

Toon Escape: Tree House Toon Escape: Tree House

Pretty cool, like the style.

There is one big thing this game could benefit from though: Music. A few more sounds per animation wouldn't hurt either. But, apart from that, nice work.

Incriminati Incriminati

"Uh... this... isn't what it looks like.... it's a science project..."
Classic. The worst I can relate to may just be that fractal poster, but the sense of hiding freedoms makes this game for me.

Antumbra Antumbra

To break it up just a little:

The graphics, color scheme, and general style make for excellent proof that quality aesthetics need not be super-high resolution; the Flash quality, slightly pixelated look quality actually enhances the feel of the game, adds to its surrealism.

Overall, however, what I love the most about this game is that elusive adventure quality; you can find plenty of iPad apps that are like, "hey, come play this! It has such-and-so and we're better than such and so!" and are a tad short of begging you to experience their work.

**POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW**

Instead, here is one of those games that does little to nothing to help you on the way; you die three or four times in one mechanic before you realize there's a completely different mechanic you need to close the door; you die several times in the fire, but once you figure out that you need to time yourself between water and fire, doesn't it sure feel like you've made some kind of leap -- more leap in a flash game than many make in their daily jobs in real life. Walking from one end of the hall in this game has more of that quality experience than most apps have when you cross galaxies.

Long live <redacted>!!

A Dance of Fire and Ice A Dance of Fire and Ice

Though I'm a die-hard rhythm game guy by heart, I can definitely say with little to no bias that this one fits the bill for uniquity.

I particularly like the instant-restart function for when I *bleep!* up, which I did quite a bit before I got the feel of it. My favorite bit is this new concept of visually denoting what a "rhythm" will be by the way simple squares in a path change course.

Fate Machine 1.0 Fate Machine 1.0

I am Grandiose Kitty, the Vegan King, destined to shoot gold pieces at Starscream.

lol

Busman 3D Busman 3D

Excellent! I wonder, being in such a profession myself, if it is possible to make a game like this with combination vehicles (Maybe even hooking trailers up?), that would be so cool...

Autobahn Bei Nacht (Tech) Autobahn Bei Nacht (Tech)

Analysis: The car is reasonable performance, handles reasonably well, though slightly sluggish. Brakes are abysmally far below standards and make the car harder to slow down than a cement laden double tractor-trailer combination. Noteworthy; the test drive was subject to surprisingly high levels of third-party idiocy. Clear skies, midnight.

Some things that come into my mind in the way of ideas: Gear shifting, switching highways/roads, stop-lights, and semi-trailer trucks. Doubtless these and more are likely already in the works since this is a demo, but here's my little input anyway. I like where this is going.

UltimoGames responds:

thanks for the review!

Dance Dance Jukebox Vol.1 Dance Dance Jukebox Vol.1

As mentioned in the description, it could do with different effects per song, as well as different dancers or different dance routines per song.

Not mentioned in the description, however, is the need for interactability, other than just clicking a number to select a song. Perhaps give each song a catch-the-note style game like DDR or Guitar Hero? It needs something substantial people can interact with to really qualify it as a flash "game".

As for the music itself, nice job.

satyre responds:

Thanks for the feedback :)

I know that this project is not a game yet, but if I submitted it as a movie I wouldn't be able to change it later, if I add the Dance Dance Revolution elements to it.

Extreme Hoveboarding 5000 Extreme Hoveboarding 5000

Good game, but it could definitely use some refinement in the gameplay mechanics. This is the kind of game that's best done by starting out easy and progressing to harder levels, so that people don't get frustrated trying to figure out how to get the feel of it. For example, holding the repel key a split second too long, going above the effective zone, and being unable to get a good jump before falling through a gap. That kind of thing tends to be a turn-off.

Other than that, awesome theme, nice choice of music, and hope all goes well :)